“Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it.”
(The following excerpt from 8 Deadly Myths About Stress by Andrew Bernstein originally appeared on psychologytoday.com. on May 25, 2010. To view it in its entirety please click on the link below.)
There are many myths about stress preventing us from living longer, happier, and healthier lives. Here are eight of the most common:
1. Stress comes from your circumstances.
2. Stress is a motivator.
3. Some stress is good for you.
4. Without stress in your life you would just sit around and drool.
5. The best way to deal with stress is to exercise, breathe, and relax.
6. Stress is a choice.
7. Stress is inevitable.
8. Stress is not a big deal.