“Happiness depends upon ourselves.” – Aristotle
(The following excerpt from 10 Things To Give Up In Exchange For Happiness by Tamara Star appeared on huffingtonpost.com on October 10, 2013. To view it in its entirety click on the link below.)
I’m told happiness is a choice.
Unfortunately we complicate our lives to the point of being unable to recognize happiness when it appears before our eyes.
So how to clear the slate? Here are 10 things you’ll need to give up in exchange for your happiness.
1. Give up caring what other people think of you.
2. Give up trying to please everyone.
3. Give up participating in gossip.
4. Quit worrying.
5. Let go of insecurity.
6. Stop taking everything personally.
7. Give up the past.
8. Give up spending money on what you don’t need in effort to buy happiness.
9. Give up anger.
10. Give up control.